Are my chicks lavender orpingtons?

Thanks so much for all you replies and input.....I contacted the person I bought the eggs from and she said "they are splash but I know I put some lavender eggs in there" I'm not sure if there is a brown orpington splash? Do any of you know?
Anyone buying hatching eggs online and/or through eBay should make sure they are buying from a reputable farm. There is no refunds. Now I am stuck with 3 very cute mutts

I've never bought eggs off Ebay because I see so much fraud and deception. I raise Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucana and have posted a few pics of them online. There's a seller on Ebay who has taken my pics and is passing them off as his own birds. Imagine the disappointment of his buyers when their eggs hatch and grow up. Not to mention the other sellers I've seen outed on these boards as having stolen other people's pics and passing them off as their own.

I stick to sellers on this website or from whatever bird I'm looking at's breeder's club, and I've even been burned through that
sad.png

I'm so glad you finally found a good breeder - your chicks look great!

I've never bought eggs off Ebay because I see so much fraud and deception. I raise Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucana and have posted a few pics of them online. There's a seller on Ebay who has taken my pics and is passing them off as his own birds. Imagine the disappointment of his buyers when their eggs hatch and grow up. Not to mention the other sellers I've seen outed on these boards as having stolen other people's pics and passing them off as their own.

I stick to sellers on this website or from whatever bird I'm looking at's breeder's club, and I've even been burned through that
sad.png

I'm so glad you finally found a good breeder - your chicks look great!

That's what I do. No more ebay, haven't bought or sold there for many years. I buy through sellers here at BYC and through the breed clubs.

And I take my own pics! I saved up for months to get a GOOD camera so I could take good pics, and I better not ever find anyone else using them.

Robgray,   Can you post more pics of your chicks?  I've got several different orp colors in the bator right now and want to be able to identify them when they hatch.

Thanks!

These were my lavendar orpingtons as chicks. The yellow one is a mottled and is growing out Lavendar. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom