Are my chicks lavender orpingtons?

robgray

Chirping
5 Years
Nov 7, 2014
California
Hi everyone,
I bought some lavender orpington hatching eggs and these are my gorgeous chicks....2 of them look brown with brown beak and legs...what do you think?

Yes that is very true!! I am doing the same right now with my lavanders and a black english orpington now. There will be a 50 50 spilt of what u can get all lavander or a black with lavander gene
if it's black that does not mean it's a rooster I have right now 4 black lavander split that I'm sure one is a roo and the other 3 pullets. I'll then breed them back to my english black and then use there off-spring to bring back out the lavander which in turn will have a bigger and more fluffy body and feather output.

Hi everyone,
I bought some lavender orpington hatching eggs and these are my gorgeous chicks....2 of them look brown with brown beak and legs...what do you think?

Those don't look lavender to me... Mine were MUCH lighter pastel fluff with dark beaks and legs. I'll try to find a picture...

Wow, that's terrible luck! None look to be lavender orps at all :/

The top two could possibly be brown orps, but it's a little to early to tell. Not sure what the last one might be...

Back
Top Bottom