Are my chicks lavender orpingtons?

Here are a couple pics. One of my 2 of 4 lavander hens and one of "Joe" my Engish black orpington i am using to breed back to black for a couple generations to improve my lavander off spring

Thanks for your thoughts. I am just hatching another try from two different lav orpington breeders. This morning the first hatched and its yellow!? I thought they would be lavender color just a little even...i brought lavender orpingtons not splits and not anything else.
Thanks!

I have spoken with someone about buying some lavender orp eggs. She said that she currently has one black rooster in with them this year, because you have to bring the black back into the breeding every other year, IIRC, so she said I could possibly get a black chick.  I assume it would be a male?  Does this sound plausible or like a load of bull?

I agree with the comments above!

They are adorable!! I love the lavanders. Cant wait for my other 2 to start laying! As much as hatching them is fun. I find it better to just purchase the chicks so u know for sure ur getting the correct breed. Then u can hatch ur own eggs later

Back
Top Bottom