What is this chicken?

Chicklessy

Hatching
May 3, 2024
What is this chicken?

5 week old chick. My husband bought 12 chicks a few weeks ago. 4 olive eggers, 4 barred rocks, 4 “lavender Orpingtons”. When he got home with 8 black chicks I told him none of them were lavender orps unfortunately lol So we just didn’t know what they were, but looked very similar to the barred rocks. Eventually I assumed we got 8 barred rocks. Now that they are older the feather pattern just looks a little different on these ones - would you say this is a barred rock chick? Looks less barred and more speckled 🤔

Attachments

• IMG_8403.jpeg
    IMG_8403.jpeg
    626 KB · Views: 43
What is this chicken?

5 week old chick. My husband bought 12 chicks a few weeks ago. 4 olive eggers, 4 barred rocks, 4 “lavender Orpingtons”. When he got home with 8 black chicks I told him none of them were lavender orps unfortunately lol So we just didn’t know what they were, but looked very similar to the barred rocks. Eventually I assumed we got 8 barred rocks. Now that they are older the feather pattern just looks a little different on these ones - would you say this is a barred rock chick? Looks less barred and more speckled 🤔
Wyandotte maybe? or Speckled Sussex?

What is this chicken?

Anyone think it’s a cuckoo maran?

Cuckoo Maran is the only breed I can think of that looks that close to a Barred Rock without it being one.
It is definitely not a Speckled Sussex or Wyandotte, I have both of those breeds and neither looked anything like that at any point in their life.
agreed on "neither looked anything like that at any point in their life." I own wyandottes myself

Back
Top Bottom