are my eggs ok? Got new chicks! come take a look at the video!

Good idea. Try an un-pipped egg first, and knock a small hole through to the air sac. If the chick is dead, practice getting it out first before going for the live one.

hit.gif
he is all brown and not moving. Im so stupid I should have helped last night.
he.gif

It's the sad truth that if you have to help them out, they most likely would not survive anyway. Clean out your incubator and try again. Check the other eggs first though.

Do you know where your incubation went wrong?

Last edited:
the rest were infertal. The other one I thought was alive was also dead. I could see his beak.
hit.gif
Im such a terrible person. I could have helped him last night but I dident.
he.gif
I have no idea how the incubation went wrong. I turned them 3 times the same time every day. Kept the temp stable.

If temperature and humidity were fine, then it's most likely genetics. Try getting eggs from another source and try again. As fresh as possibe, and fill the incubator up to it's maximum capacity. They work better that way. Is it a homemade incubator or a bought one? Is it new?

oh I'm heart broken. did you calibrate your hydrometer? Was the chick shrinkwrapped, that would explain death too. I have a hatch coming I'm so sorry, I would send you my bator to watch some hatch if I could

Sounds genetic to me so. I'm so sorry for you, but please realise that even if you helped the chick(s) out last night, they were unlikely to make it. Don't throw away the incubator yet though, try again.

Back
Top Bottom