Are my girls to old

So, your birds could be closing in on two years old? It may be that their age is showing. Believe that some breeds are only really productive for two years. Does any one here in the forums have experience with OP's breeds, as far as the years egg production?

Would suggest supplementing their diet with additional protein, and double check to ensure day and night cycles mimic summer. I have heard that hens can be reset by setting up flood lights to give 24 hour light. This is done for two or three days. Then a normal summer day/night cycle. I have never tried this myself.

The real question is this. "What has changed since last year?" Has the set up been moved? More/less shade added. Change in brands of food, oyster shell? number of birds go up or down? Speed metal rock band move into the house next door?

If its not age, then something has changed. You have to become Sherlock Holmes and try and figure out what.

The three biggies that affect eggs are

diet

Improper sunlight

Stress (over population/noise/living conditions)

Riki

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

Well light is not an issue,as we have light all day and it doesnt get dark till after 7.00pm feeding isnt it either and over population naarrrr they have the biggest chicken run that i know of heheh a neighbour sayed they could be in there malt not sure of spelling i will just have to wait and see . Humpty doo girl

Back
Top Bottom