Are my goslings too chubby?

ElGoose

Songster
May 27, 2023
They are about 5 weeks now, we mainly feed them waterfowl starter, lettuce, and they have access to grass. The thing is we feed them quite a lot of lettuce as they just really love it and I mean adore it, it’s all they want really! they look quite large when they lay down so I’m really worried that they may be too chubby for their age but I’m not sure 😢 this is our first time raising goslings so I never know what I’m doing right and what I’m doing wrong
IMG_2954.jpeg
IMG_2889.jpeg

IMG_2887.jpeg

They are about 5 weeks now, we mainly feed them waterfowl starter, lettuce, and they have access to grass. The thing is we feed them quite a lot of lettuce as they just really love it and I mean adore it, it’s all they want really! they look quite large when they lay down so I’m really worried that they may be too chubby for their age but I’m not sure 😢 this is our first time raising goslings so I never know what I’m doing right and what I’m doing wrong View attachment 3565772View attachment 3565773
View attachment 3565769
They look okay imho, but maybe they just need a bit of exercise. Obviously it's not them needing more salads. Lol

They look okay imho, but maybe they just need a bit of exercise. Obviously it's not them needing more salads. Lol
Ah I’m glad they look ok!! And yes 😆 they get their exercise in running around after us on the garden but I wonder if there’s anything else I can put out there to keep them active as when we go inside to do work they just sit by the door I feel so so bad 😢

Ah I’m glad they look ok!! And yes 😆 they get their exercise in running around after us on the garden but I wonder if there’s anything else I can put out there to keep them active as when we go inside to do work they just sit by the door I feel so so bad 😢
Do they have a place to swim? It's an amazing thing to make them go do something other than sit at the door. Also some geese are just chunky chonkers. Like this distinguished gentleman who looks like he needs a monicale and a suit.
African-Goose.jpg

Do they have a place to swim? It's an amazing thing to make them go do something other than sit at the door. Also some geese are just chunky chonkers. Like this distinguished gentleman who looks like he needs a monicale and a suit.
View attachment 3565859
LOL I love him!! And yes! They have an outdoor little paddling pool that they easily get in and out of and they love it

Back
Top Bottom