are my roos stupid?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by klf73, Mar 16, 2009.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I have 2 cochin/silkie mixed roos that grab ahold of the girls and rub themselves all over the ground. I haven't seen either of them successfully breed the girls [​IMG] The silkie roo on the other hand does just fine. What is wrong with these boys [​IMG]
    they are 8 months old...

2. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Maybe it's the chicken version of safe sex.

3. Chicken Lil

Chicken Lil Songster

Nov 14, 2008
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Everyone in my office is wondering WHY I just burst out laughing. I had better get off the forum now before I get in trouble.

4. CANDLE98

CANDLE98 Songster

Dec 29, 2008
    Meridian Idaho
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Everyone in my office is wondering WHY I just burst out laughing. I had better get off the forum now before I get in trouble.

I am at work too! ha ha!! I think your boys just need some practice! I was going to give a personal story but nah I had better not! Too much info!

5. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:[​IMG] dh is looking at me like I am crazy, he said what could be THAT funny on a chicken board.......

6. cheeps

cheeps Songster

Jul 18, 2008
    Rockwell, NC
    I burst into laughter when I first read the subject line...at my house roosters and stupid go hand in hand!!!

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    You expected perfection from a creature with a brain the size of a lima bean?
    Actually Thor had trouble at first. He kept mounting from the side. He's finally figured it out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: