are my roos stupid?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by klf73, Mar 16, 2009.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I have 2 cochin/silkie mixed roos that grab ahold of the girls and rub themselves all over the ground. I haven't seen either of them successfully breed the girls [​IMG] The silkie roo on the other hand does just fine. What is wrong with these boys [​IMG]
    they are 8 months old...

2. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Maybe it's the chicken version of safe sex.

3. Chicken Lil

Chicken Lil Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2008
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Everyone in my office is wondering WHY I just burst out laughing. I had better get off the forum now before I get in trouble.

4. CANDLE98

CANDLE98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Meridian Idaho
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Everyone in my office is wondering WHY I just burst out laughing. I had better get off the forum now before I get in trouble.

I am at work too! ha ha!! I think your boys just need some practice! I was going to give a personal story but nah I had better not! Too much info!

5. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:[​IMG] dh is looking at me like I am crazy, he said what could be THAT funny on a chicken board.......

6. cheeps

cheeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Rockwell, NC
    I burst into laughter when I first read the subject line...at my house roosters and stupid go hand in hand!!!

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    You expected perfection from a creature with a brain the size of a lima bean?
    Actually Thor had trouble at first. He kept mounting from the side. He's finally figured it out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by