Are Polish Chickens cold sensitive?

Arla

Chirping
Mar 15, 2018
New England
Hi,
I'm thinking of getting polish chickens. (I may have already asked this question on another thread I didn't make.) I have heard from some sites such as mypetchicken.com that polish chickens are cold sensitive. Where I live it can get pretty cold. However, I do know someone who had a polish chicken near me. I don't want to hurt the beautiful creatures so I don't know what to do.
- Arla

:welcome
It depends what you mean by pretty cold, it would help if you put your general location in your profile.
I am in zone 6b and my polish did fine this winter. She's the first one out of the coop in the morning and wants to sleep outside for most of the year.

I've never heard of than being cold sensitive. I'd say if anything the biggest problem with Polish is they might get pecked because of their crests. However, mine doesn't, so it all depends on your chickens.

:welcome
It depends what you mean by pretty cold, it would help if you put your general location in your profile.
I am in zone 6b and my polish did fine this winter. She's the first one out of the coop in the morning and wants to sleep outside for most of the year.
Thanks, by pretty cold I mean Rhode Island. It can snow quite a bit. We just got a foot or so. Your advice helps a lot!

This is my Polish chick right now:)
Might be a rooster though...
1521153497287902996756.jpg

IMG_20180315_073116437.jpg
IMG_20180311_153347461_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180310_215539353.jpg

Ha, nobody messes with my crazy polish, they all keep their distance from her twitchy insanity.

Back
Top Bottom