Are roade island red roosters aggressive?

CHICKENX2005

Songster
Feb 2, 2024
Just asking for opinions are roade island red roosters aggressive often? Every one I've ever known ( either mine or someone else's ) has been evil. Including the roosters I've had that were mixed with roade island reds. I know that there must be a few nice roade island red roosters in this world but I'm just asking if in general are they aggressive?

Last edited:
Just asking for opinions are road island red roosters aggressive often? Every one I've ever known ( either mine or someone else's ) has been evil. Including the roosters I've had that were mixed with road island reds. I know that there must be a few nice road island red roosters in this world but I'm just asking if in general are they aggressive?
I've raised many of them over the years. Only had 1 friendly rooster/cockerel out that breed.

A while ago I was given a few roade island red hens the hens were more or less nice but I eventually ended up hatching some roade island red Xs and they were EVIL. I had to get rid of them. Someone I know had gotten some and the roosters tried to kill each other I'm sure that she said that they attacked her too. The hens that she got weren't evil but they did pull each other's feathers out all the time the other types of hens she had didn't do that. I'm not getting any more roade island reds anymore. It's just not worth it when there are nice chickens that have the same or better production. Thanks for all the answers too my question.

Back
Top Bottom