Are Serama eggs Difficult to Hatch?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by happybooker1, Oct 16, 2012.

1. happybooker1

happybooker1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2012
    North of Houston Texas
    I've found a place (http://www.busterschickens.com/) near me where I can get Silkie eggs. They also have Serama's. I've emailed them about the eggs and the nice lady I've been talking to has said they do have Serama eggs but they're very difficult to incubate/hatch. She said she ordered 4 dozen from 'Jerry' and only 11 hatched out, and 9 lived.

I would go pick these eggs up myself (not trusting the Post Office again!!). They are also from A-B birds. Am I just throwing money away again?

I'm going on Saturday to get some Silkie eggs anyway but would like to have 1-2 Seramas. Am I better off just buying them?

2. cochins1088

cochins1088 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2012
    Southern Minnesota
    I have never tried hatching them myself, but I have heard that they are fairly difficult. Especially the A class eggs, many of them are too small to be viable so they are often a waste of time (unless you really really really want them) Silkies are going to be easy eggs for hatching. If you really want seramas, I'd recommend buying them yourself unless of course, the eggs are cheap.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by