Are starter crumbles too big for bantam chicks?

Thank you so much for this post! I just hatched two half banty chicks and I gave them boiled yolk first, then tried to move on to the chick feed and they wouldn't eat it and cry because they were hungry. Today I ground some feed up in my food processor and they gobbled it down!
Thanks again!

Don't be afraid to post, Sherry, if you have a question. That's what the message board's here for.
smile.png

I have an eensy beensy serama chick and I put medicated chick starter in the blender dry, whiz it up, and pour it into a big plastic cup. When i feed the serama and the other chicks in with him, I put some in a little plastic jar lid and cover it with water, stir it a little with my finger. They go to town on it and I rinse it out and refill it a few times a day, all the time offering the ground up starter dry free fed all the time. Eventually I assume they will wean themselves off the mush and move on to the crumbles.

Quote:
I never know what topics have already been beaten into the ground and the search doesn't always turn out results, so I'm usually a little hesitant to post a topic of any kind. I'm glad that it was helpful to others, as well as myself.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom