Are the eggs good to eat?

And I assume it was the companies that make the man made dewormers that did the studies and said the DE is no good?

Not exactly. It's that no one has ever shown a legitimate study that it does work. The way DE works logically says it will not work (desiccant properties and sharp edges don’t work when it is wet and the guts of a chicken are wet), and several people on this forum that have had an actual worm infection have tried it and reported that it did not work. Several people say Oh I use it and my chickens don’t have worms. That proves absolutely nothing. I don’t use it and my chickens don’t have worms. My chickens spend their days on the ground.

Not exactly. It's that no one has ever shown a legitimate study that it does work. The way DE works logically says it will not work (desiccant properties and sharp edges don’t work when it is wet and the guts of a chicken are wet), and several people on this forum that have had an actual worm infection have tried it and reported that it did not work. Several people say Oh I use it and my chickens don’t have worms. That proves absolutely nothing. I don’t use it and my chickens don’t have worms. My chickens spend their days on the ground.

i totally agree with ridgerunner DE is a joke but pumpkin seeds do help but the commercial wormer is the only way to go when you have a real worm problem

The reason I did three days because the bottle doesn't say how long to treat. How long would you guys wait till it's safe to eat them again?

Your right it does say that's was reading under we're it gave directions on chickens. But all chickens are well and happy.

Your right it does say that's was reading under we're it gave directions on chickens. But all chickens are well and happy.
Consider reworming your birds in 10 days with a broad spectrum wormer such as valbazen liquid cattle/sheep wormer or safeguard liquid goat wormer. Wazine only gets rid of large roundworms, there are other types of worms that chickens may have and the two I mentioned previously will take care of them.

Last edited:
I have read 10-14 days. I just wormed mine with Wazine and waited the 14 days. Actually tomorrow is the day we get to eat their eggs again - day 15. It was heartbreaking having to throw all those lovely eggs away - we get 8 to 12 a day. I've got a stack of egg cartons from friends waiting to go!

Back
Top Bottom