Are there partridge Ameraucanas?

dede_pira

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 15, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
Hi there,

My chicks just got home and they are SOOOO CUUUTE!!!
The kids are grounded from holding them so much (I told them to keep their hands off the baby chicks! They don't listen!).
My question is this, I got a couple of Ameraucanas in the flock and their markings look just like chipmunks on their back, very pretty. I hope they turn out to be girls, but oh well! Gotta wait to see.
So, what is the name of their color?
Here's a picture (I am asking about the "chipmunk brown" ones):
day3a.jpg

I am dying to know what they may end up looking like when they grow up!!!

Last edited:
I suppose, Easter eggers are more likely. BBR's have more white on their babies than that anyway.

Easter Eggers are fun to watch because you never know how they'll grow up to look like. Some of them are very colorful!

Weird! I thought Ameraucanas and EEs were the same breed.
I heard Araucanas and Ameraucanas have different... everything, but EEs were just another name for Ameraucanas.
They are growing so fast! 1 week old and you can already see the coloring in the new wing feathers.

Here is a pic of my home grown EE chick...
DSC01708-1.jpg

And a picture of "him" at 7 weeks...
MRRooster3-1.jpg

We also just received an EE chick from on-line (with 2 wyandottes). She's only 1 1/2 weeks old, looked just like your EE chicks (like a chipmunk).
smile.png

Last edited:
I love my EE's too. At 9 weeks still trying to figure out if one is a roo and what it will look like when it grows up. There are two great threads on here that are all about EE's and "growing up easter egger". I'd attach the link to the thread I just don't know how. Do a search of those titles and you will likeley get to those threads.

D.gif

No, there are no partridge Ameraucanas. Ameraucanas come in only eight colors and that is not one of them. Easter Eggers come in many, many colors but except for white, black, blue, etc, they really don't have names for them, though some do look partridge type.

Back
Top Bottom