Are there Red Leghorns and could Ginny be one?

Ldeal

Songster
8 Years
Sep 21, 2011
Fallon, NV
My Coop
My Coop
20180503_181602.jpg
20180503_181601.jpg
Still curious what this girl could be. I'm thinking brown leghorn because that's the only other breed they had besides the EE that I also got. Someone told me she's a Roo but I did goback and they still have a white leghorn Roo left from Ginnys shipment and seeing him I doubt that she's a he thank goodness. What are your thoughts? Does anyone have picturesof their Red Leghorns
Here is the white leghorn Roo that's thesame age
20180502_081151.jpg

I only have two brown leghorns, Beetov-Hen and Hen-Rietta! Never seen a red headed one? :confused:
Did yourslook like her at all when they were younger? The only other breeds they had were white leghorn, black sexlink, another black breed I can't remember and the Easter Eggers and her legs are yellow compared to their dark greenish.
This was her as a chick, idk what happened to her wings before we got her but she all healed now.
20180402_174638.jpg
20180405_205023.jpg
20180414_191135.jpg

I was also told she could be a welsummer or a speckled Sussex because she does have white on the tips of a couple wing feathers but I'm thinking that's from her injury when she was little.

Where did you get it from? To me it looks like a production red mixed maybe with brown Leghorn. Definitely not a Sussex or Welsummer, and a red Leghorn wouldn't have the eye stripe.
I got her from a local feed store that orders from hatchery they wereall suppose to be pure breed. I have hadsome people tell me that she is an EE and just has yellow legs?

Back
Top Bottom