Are there shows for cross-breeds?

Jul 9, 2020
Melbourne, Australia.
I don’t know the slightest thing about showing. This might be a very dumb question, but are there shows were you can bring in any chicken, of any breed or mix? I have no idea! I think there would be a lot of pretty chickens. I don’t plan plan showing any of my chickens, until I’m an adult, but I be just curious.

For example, could my chicken Ebony hypothetically be shown? I think she is a silkie x Sebright. I won’t tell you about all her features that would disqualify her from a silkie show (she’s not even a full silkie for starters), but here’s a photo.
97DD29B3-DA4E-4757-8B05-EE7D1B4387EF.jpeg

I don't think so. The shows use the standard of each breed that chickens are being judged to. They are being judged as how well they fit the standard. Where do you start with a mix? 100% brothers and sisters could look totally different. What standard would you use?
She is pretty and cute, by the way!! :thumbsup

I don't think so. The shows use the standard of each breed that chickens are being judged to. They are being judged as how well they fit the standard. Where do you start with a mix? 100% brothers and sisters could look totally different. What standard would you use?
She is pretty and cute, by the way!! :thumbsup
Even if she were a pure silkie, she’s has basically no feet feathers, and only four toes. Someone should make a show where any mix of chicken could be brought in, and they decide the wackiest, cutest, derpy and prettiest award! My chicken chai would win the derpy 🤦🏻‍♀️. I guess it wouldn’t be hard, since there would be no standard.

Back
Top Bottom