Siana's Nest

My Korean Hanhyap and JGs (and their crosses) are growing; they are about 10 weeks now. Tonight I am going to move all black chicks as well as Hanhyap roos to their own run for growing and fattening; I have no plans to use them for breeding. The red pullets will stay in the privileged area near our house as I am thinking of using them for breeding later, and I want them to move freely.

Attachments

• 1715588272773.png
    1715588272773.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 4
  • 1715588331214.png
    1715588331214.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 6
They look so big for being 10 weeks, they are well treated for sure, maybe you cuold try mate the fastest\biggest male over some good eggers

Have you weighted them?

They look so big for being 10 weeks, they are well treated for sure, maybe you cuold try mate the fastest\biggest male over some good eggers

Have you weighted them?

Thank you! Haven't weighted, unfortunately, as I am overloaded with other work. I just moved them to the fattening run and that's all for now. It is interesting that egger x Jersey crosses are larger than pure Jerseys at this point; maybe they are just faster growing. I agree with you, I might want to keep the largest male longer and see how he grows. If he turns out better than my pure Jersey Giants then I could use him.

Australorp babies, hatched on the 8th of April. I am not terribly happy with how they hatched and with their condition - the eggs traveled far and the hatch rate was low (10 out of 25, with 10 early quitters), the chicks hatched at 21-22 day and eventually two of them died, so I am left with eight. But as they live a privileged life in my garden and are fed well, I hope they will become stronger.

IMG_3631 copy.jpg
IMG_3641-Edit.jpg

Back
Top Bottom