are these bantams?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by pcubitt, May 5, 2009.

1. pcubitt

pcubitt Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2009
    They were suppost to be barred rock pullets. They are only about 4 weeks old but they seem very small compared to my other ones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sherrydeanne

sherrydeanne Chillin' With My Peeps

If those are other full sized birds in the photos and the BR's are only 4 weeks, they don't look like bantams. Do you mean they're small compared to other chicks? A comparison shot would help.

3. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Those BRs are older than 4 weeks, they're closer to 6-8 weeks. Looks like a pair. They could be bantams, where did you get them from?

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  4. pcubitt

Mar 24, 2009
    Quote:my other ones are only about two weeks older. Here is the best i could get of comparison shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. pcubitt

Mar 24, 2009
    Quote:I got them from rural king. i got six of them because they were on sale for .99 cents. This is what they looked like when i got them around april 3rd.
    [​IMG]

6. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Is Rural King a feed store? If so, they're probably LF. I don't know of any feed store that will order bantam BRs.

7. pcubitt

Mar 24, 2009
    Quote:yea it is kinda like TSC. They messed up on a few of thier orders this year. I never heard of a feed store ordering bantams. They were so much smaller than the other ones when i brought them home compared to the bigger ones at the same are.

8. rachiegirl

rachiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Beaver Co. PA
    If they were on sale it could have been a bin with mixed ages. Chicks left over from 2 weeks ago mixed in with new chicks from this week. You could have ended up with chicks a week or 2 older than you thought. Most TSCs get bantams, I got 5 this year from mine. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by