are these bantams?

pcubitt

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 24, 2009
They were suppost to be barred rock pullets. They are only about 4 weeks old but they seem very small compared to my other ones.

25886_dscf1164.jpg

25886_dscf1181.jpg

25886_dscf1159.jpg

Those BRs are older than 4 weeks, they're closer to 6-8 weeks. Looks like a pair. They could be bantams, where did you get them from?

Last edited:
Quote:
my other ones are only about two weeks older. Here is the best i could get of comparison shots.

25886_dscf1185.jpg

25886_dscf1186.jpg

Quote:
I got them from rural king. i got six of them because they were on sale for .99 cents. This is what they looked like when i got them around april 3rd.
25886_dscf0843.jpg

Is Rural King a feed store? If so, they're probably LF. I don't know of any feed store that will order bantam BRs.

Quote:
yea it is kinda like TSC. They messed up on a few of thier orders this year. I never heard of a feed store ordering bantams. They were so much smaller than the other ones when i brought them home compared to the bigger ones at the same are.

If they were on sale it could have been a bin with mixed ages. Chicks left over from 2 weeks ago mixed in with new chicks from this week. You could have ended up with chicks a week or 2 older than you thought. Most TSCs get bantams, I got 5 this year from mine.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom