Are these both females?

AmaiahTH

Chirping
Jun 13, 2020
Hi all,

So we recently got a male and female Chinese goose from two separate breeders. The White one was supposedly a male, the brown one a female. Today we found a goose egg in our Chicken Coop, but the strange thing is that our female was supposedly be only a few months old (2-3), while the gander was about 6-7 months when we got them a month ago. So it got us thinking that the white goose isn't male after all, especially as I spotted 'him' sitting in the chicken coop around where the egg was found earlier today. Come to think of it, 'he' has always been far more timid than the brown goose and always keeps his distance, which would be odd if he were a gander who should supposedly protect his lady.

I added some pictures, is it possible to tell from them whether or not it's a female? And the same question goes for the brown goose, as 'she' is much more defensive and less timid.

I've never had geese, but your egg story sounds suspicious, and I believe your personality realization fits in with the female description in Storey's Guide To Rasing Poultry. Hopefully someone who has raised gesse has a clearer awnser for you though.

Back
Top Bottom