Are these chicks in trouble???? Advice needed plz...

This was my first hatch too, eight of then 10 are all healthy and eating and drinking this is their 2 1/2 day alive. No signs of anything bad, keeping a close eye on them. The reason being, only 2 of the 8 pipped,zipped and hatched in their own. It was amazing to watch but I noticed the other pips were peeping less and then moving less yet (this was after 12 ish hours) I could see them breathing through their holes. I went ahead and took the chance with one egg. Knowing this was my fist hatch and totally fresh possibly (and I'm sure it was the culprit) the humidity was off. I gently and successfully zipped the other 6, had them in a warm town and tently rubbed them to stimulate them, kept a very close eye on them. All had the same thing in common, they were stuck and couldn't move which I'm guessing is the humidity. No aggressive chicks, they are all sweet and look great, I'm glad I made the choice I did. Nothing was abnormal about any of them, no disfiguration nothing they were just stuck. I think I have lost the two eggs left. I am doing the water test when I send this. Hugs to you and glad you made a choice and are not upset about it.
hugs.gif

Quote:
Thanks for you kind words, and I am so sorry about you loss, with your 2nd hatch... this is my 2nd hatch also, my first hatch went so smooth, with no troubles, I even thought what all the fuss was about hatching eggs... how wrong was I and I am sorry for thinking it... I have learnt that anything can go wrong..

Thankfully both chicks are doing great, I am so glad I helped them, I will be adding them to the brooder with the rest once I am confident they will be ok.. I have 1 more egg in the bator and the chick is cheeping and rocking, but I dont know when this one pipped as they got all mixed up when the chicks started to hatch, I am keeping a close eye on it and will help if need be...

Quote:
I really wish I could hlp... I am new to this, its only my 2nd batch, my first batch had no problems at all, and I thought wow this is easy... hmmm That was a wrong statement lol

I know how you feel I couldnt sleep, and was forevr at the bator, which im still doing now, waiting for the final chick to make progress... I have my
fl.gif
for your hatch

Quote:
Thankyou, and I have my
fl.gif
for your other 2 chicks... I am so gladI did what I did as they are doing great, they are still in the bator but I will add them to the brooder abit later with so they can join their brother and sisters. One egg still hatching, not much progress all day, but cheeping and rocking, so I will be keeping a close eye on it, and help if its needed.

Congratulations on your great hatch rate, and I am so pleased that you helped and it all turned out great
thumbsup.gif

My humidity and temp have been perfect, think it was just down to some bad luck, what with the chick pipping through its wing, the one pinned back by whatever it was, and this chick stuck, but I must say the shell was rock hard, I even struggled zipping it...

Last edited:
Quote:
Duh... if there's no electric there's no TV.

lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
I have read this post over and over and just now realized you replied to yourself
wee.gif
it's all the coffee and lack of sleep lately
ya.gif
wonder why???? LOL
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Quote:
Could you explain the water test I have heard of this from my Grandma but she only watched Great Grandma do it and Grandma was really young. I have about 6 that I would like to do this with. It is day 22 and the other 8 that made lock down are hatched I have one that I think I see rocking and faint peeping from but the others I get nothing. I'm going to leave them until dat 23 and then candle and do the water test. After that it'll be eggtopsies (sp?)
hit.gif

Quote:
Could you explain the water test I have heard of this from my Grandma but she only watched Great Grandma do it and Grandma was really young. I have about 6 that I would like to do this with. It is day 22 and the other 8 that made lock down are hatched I have one that I think I see rocking and faint peeping from but the others I get nothing. I'm going to leave them until dat 23 and then candle and do the water test. After that it'll be eggtopsies (sp?)
hit.gif

Here is the link https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=4641513 good luck! I was supposed to do mine but someone came to visit. Doing it now.

Back
Top Bottom