are these coops any good?

Yeah, I found the Diy Palace Coop and it's $2000. Just asking, are Carolina coops quality?
Is that a company? I've never heard of them. There are hundreds of coops in that section that cost much less, depending where you source your materials, you can be under $300 but if you have the budget, go right ahead.
All you need is 4 walls, a way for you to get in, a way for them to get in, ( if its the same way, ok) ventilation, weather proof and predator proof.
I use 2x2 for framing and exterior siding for walls, or plywood with heavy duty weather sealant. Check craigslist, thrift stored, habit for humanity Restores for material.

Is that a company? I've never heard of them. There are hundreds of coops in that section that cost much less, depending where you source your materials, you can be under $300 but if you have the budget, go right ahead.
All you need is 4 walls, a way for you to get in, a way for them to get in, ( if its the same way, ok) ventilation, weather proof and predator proof.
I use 2x2 for framing and exterior siding for walls, or plywood with heavy duty weather sealant. Check craigslist, thrift stored, habit for humanity Restores for material.
I have found many I've liked, but none had plans :c

We used left over pieces of lumber from homes being built in our area, fencing boards that were blown over in hurricanes, you can get free wood all kinds of places. Our nesting boxes are milk crates turned with open side out. We have 2 broody boxes (each with small runs), and the main coop contains nesting area about 8 X 8 X 5, with a roosting area of about 15 X 8 X 7. They can also free range the backyard, with trees and bushes for cover. We also used welded wire to predator proof. I think all we bought was welded wire, hinges and hasps.

I have found many I've liked, but none had plans :c
Most people around here wing it. The base of almost all the coops is a box. You can build a box. if the most complicated coops, ate a box with extras. You make the frame, and screw on the side panels. Decide if the room peaks on the side or down the center. there are a lot of beautiful coops, but those cost $$$$ and require skills/tools most of us don't have, you can make a basic coop attractive. You've done your research , you know how much roost space, nest boxes and square feet you need, you know what you need. It may not be drop dead gorgeous but it will keep you girls safe. Maybe look into prefab sheds you convert.

Most people around here wing it. The base of almost all the coops is a box. You can build a box. if the most complicated coops, ate a box with extras. You make the frame, and screw on the side panels. Decide if the room peaks on the side or down the center. there are a lot of beautiful coops, but those cost $$$$ and require skills/tools most of us don't have, you can make a basic coop attractive. You've done your research , you know how much roost space, nest boxes and square feet you need, you know what you need. It may not be drop dead gorgeous but it will keep you girls safe. Maybe look into prefab sheds you convert.
I really would like to wing it but then again I would love to figure out how to make plans. and I guess a bunch of 2'4s is all the sides require, the roof is just rafters and metal... I guess I could wing it

I really would like to wing it but then again I would love to figure out how to make plans. and I guess a bunch of 2'4s is all the sides require, the roof is just rafters and metal... I guess I could wing it
But then again I would like plans to go off of incase I don't remember

Back
Top Bottom