Are these drakes?

LYONSMOMMA

In the Brooder
Aug 27, 2021
Edited to add that Donald is the obvious male. Lol. Its the 3 brown ones I'm wondering about. Mainly the one with the green feathers starting to shine through on the head. Thats the one that is fighting the drake. And I have separated them now so no one gets hurt.

My daughter raised her drake, Donald, from hatching. I went and bought him some girlfriends today from someone on Facebook to surprise her when she gets home from school. Once I got them home and REALLY started looking at them, and the fact that one of them is in constant fight with Donald I think we may have gotten a drake and I'm hoping not more then one drakes... 🧐🥴

I know... total mistake on my part for not looking before we left, but I really don't know enough to question the seller to begin with... can anyone help me figure this out? I can take better pictures if needed. I know one is a hen because we had an egg shortly after getting her home...

Attachments

• 20210913_113425.jpg
    20210913_113425.jpg
    677 KB · Views: 27
  • 20210913_113420.jpg
    20210913_113420.jpg
    672.9 KB · Views: 21
  • received_263345458994498.jpeg
    received_263345458994498.jpeg
    30.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Edited to add that Donald is the obvious male. Lol. Its the 3 brown ones I'm wondering about. Mainly the one with the green feathers starting to shine through on the head. Thats the one that is fighting the drake. And I have separated them now so no one gets hurt.

My daughter raised her drake, Donald, from hatching. I went and bought him some girlfriends today from someone on Facebook to surprise her when she gets home from school. Once I got them home and REALLY started looking at them, and the fact that one of them is in constant fight with Donald I think we may have gotten a drake and I'm hoping not more then one drakes... 🧐🥴

I know... total mistake on my part for not looking before we left, but I really don't know enough to question the seller to begin with... can anyone help me figure this out? I can take better pictures if needed. I know one is a hen because we had an egg shortly after getting her home...
I believe it's a female. How old are they?? She's probably just a dominate girly.

those are definitely hens. you can’t just put ducks together and expect them to get along, usually takes 2 weeks of just seeing each other through a fence for them to be able to be in the same area
We thought Donald was a girl too for the longest time and then he started showing some green and got a curl. Lol. He was actually "Daisy" until about a month ago 🤦🤣

So when I seen the green on the one, I was like, not again! Lol. Donald also quacks, which I was told boys don't do... but he is definitely a boy. Lol.

We thought Donald was a girl too for the longest time and then he started showing some green and got a curl. Lol. He was actually "Daisy" until about a month ago 🤦🤣

So when I seen the green on the one, I was like, not again! Lol. Donald also quacks, which I was told boys don't do... but he is definitely a boy. Lol.
drakes do make a sound, just much quieter than hens lol, my girls have all had a bit of green on their feathers (and/or had green “drake colored” beaks) and are definitely hens

Ok! They started fighting and I broke them up and that's when I seen the green sheen In the sun and I was like,, "Well crap!" Lol. She said they are around 6 to 7 months old. Do you think I should just let them work it out or keep them separated?
Defiantly ladies then. You would now by know now if they where boys.

Keep them separate for now. Put them in different areas- but make it where they can smell, see and hear each other. Preferably right next to each other (just with wire separating them.) Do that for about 2-3 weeks then try putting them back together and see how they do.

Back
Top Bottom