Are these eggs alive?

Here is an egg on day 9 IMG_20211019_165645404.jpg

Is there any other way besides candling to see if it’s progressing or not?
Not safely. Google will tell you to do a float test, but that can actually kill the chick, so don't attempt that encase you read it somewhere.
Or.. would it be possible for a day old chick to join 4 week old chicks? Or would they just bully it, as I have some who are currently two weeks old and this egg would be due in 2 weeks
Depends. I wouldn't' put them together, but if you set it up to have the young in in the same area with hardware cloth separating them that could work. S/he would still have company without the stress. I put a 4 week old in with 8 week olds when his sister was killed in a dog attack. Put him directly in with Nugget, a very sweet pullet. She did fine with him were the others were aggressive. I put him and Nugget in a see no touch pen for 2 weeks, and finally integrated them after that.

Is there any other way besides candling to see if it’s progressing or not?
No.

Or.. would it be possible for a day old chick to join 4 week old chicks? Or would they just bully it, as I have some who are currently two weeks old and this egg would be due in 2 weeks
Yes, it's possible. Start with the brooder split by a wire barrier.

Thanks for help everyone. Tonight I’m going to remove the blood ring ones and keep going with the others. If worst comes to worst and one hatches then I’ll think of something.
The only place nearby that sells chicks sell bantam silver spangled hamburgs. It’s better than nothing as long as the bantam isn’t a male (bantam Roos do my head in 🤣)
So all should be good 👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom