5 Years
Apr 14, 2014
Hi are my eggs fertile I have put a picture up
Of one of my eggs all of my eggs look like that
When candeld also one egg has a 1cm red vain or line
Iam not sure what it is thx

images

Welcome to BYC!

What day is this of your incubation? You should wait till around day 9 or 10 before candling. Before this, you might not be able to tell. But if you are seeing tiny veins, then yes, those are viable eggs. Here is an article out of our learning center with pics of candled eggs to give you an idea on what you should be seeing....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/candling-pics-progression-through-incubation-of-chicken-eggs

Good luck with your hatch and welcome to our flock!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! X3, on TwoCrows & depends what day they are on, hope you have a successful hatch.

welcome-byc.gif
Good luck with your poultry raising adventures, and I hope you find everything you need to know. Don't forget to take a look at BYC's very useful learning center (If you haven't already)! The learning center as well as the forum should answer your questions! Glad to have you here! See you around with the flock. I can't see anything from the picture.

Hi thx for you reply's everyone all of my eggs are fertile as I candeld them on the 10th day they all have veins and little hearts it is now the 21st day of incubation so they mite be hatching today carnt wait thx all:D

Back
Top Bottom