Are these eggs fertilized?

I was just about to go fry the egg and I noticed the white ring changed a bit - now it almost looks like the fertilized egg from yesterday!

Attachments

• IMG_4302.JPG
    IMG_4302.JPG
    464.5 KB · Views: 8
Wow, that's awesome! How come it changed like that after being out of the shell for a couple of minutes? So would you say it is fertile with certainty? :) It would mean I could start collecting eggs from now on!
It didn't really look fertile in the first set of pics you posted, but in the last set it definitely is.
Sometimes when eggs sit out in a warm area, the cells start to spread apart and multiply, which makes things look way clearer.
I'm guessing that's just what happened.
Yes, definitely fertile, I would start collecting!
Congrats!

It didn't really look fertile in the first set of pics you posted, but in the last set it definitely is.
Sometimes when eggs sit out in a warm area, the cells start to spread apart and multiply, which makes things look way clearer.
I'm guessing that's just what happened.
Yes, definitely fertile, I would start collecting!
Congrats!
Yesss! Awesome!! I was waiting for this for so long, this means a lot to me! The more dominant hen was very seriously ill twice, she went through egg peritonitis and there were slim chances of her making it, let alone keep laying eggs. But she made it and now I get to hatch her chicks... And the chicks of my most favorite hen as well. I am so happy. :) My hens are ex-battery from an industrial poultry house from which I've rescued them and there was always this worry on my mind that before I get to hatch their chicks, they might get seriously ill... But now it's happening and it leaves me relieved, happy, and quite emotional, also because I am thinking of all the hens that didn't make it to this point and succumbed to illness. I can't wait to see their chicks hatching out of the shells!

Hi there, I just candled 12 eggs on Sunday as it was day 10 of the incubation and found out none of the eggs showed any sort of development at all. I had an incubator that I found out was not working as I wanted - the hygrometer was way off and for the first couple of hours, the humidity was 70% (the in-built hygrometer showed 30%) and higher and the following day after I was venting it, it got to around 60%, sometimes more. Also, it was too small for some of the larger eggs, so the lid had to be slightly opened so they could turn properly - the temperature seemed to be stable though. I bought a new incubator and placed them inside this new one on the fourth day. Is it possible that these hiccups killed the cells inside the eggs so none even began developing? Because the conditions in the incubator were too volatile and fluctuating? I just found it strange that it would happen to every single egg... Or would there be another reason for it, since the eggs are apparently fertile?

Back
Top Bottom