Are these feet normal?

NCaliChick

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 12, 2015
Northern California
I picked up a few chicks from TSC a few weeks ago (then picked up a few more the next week. Darn chicken math). I got a few ‘Easter eggers,’ one of which has feet I don’t think I’ve ever seen before.
She’s a little attitudey about getting picked up so it wasn’t easy to get pictures of her feet. See what looks like extra toes? Is that going to be a problem in the future, or is that a ‘normal’ foot for a weirdo like her?

Attachments

• 98D118AE-AA31-4E37-8356-02C1D8C0B965.jpeg
    98D118AE-AA31-4E37-8356-02C1D8C0B965.jpeg
    325 KB · Views: 20
  • 0F95C839-7D6F-45A2-A865-978B57A3796B.jpeg
    0F95C839-7D6F-45A2-A865-978B57A3796B.jpeg
    563.2 KB · Views: 15
I picked up a few chicks from TSC a few weeks ago (then picked up a few more the next week. Darn chicken math). I got a few ‘Easter eggers,’ one of which has feet I don’t think I’ve ever seen before.
She’s a little attitudey about getting picked up so it wasn’t easy to get pictures of her feet. See what looks like extra toes? Is that going to be a problem in the future, or is that a ‘normal’ foot for a weirdo like her?
She shouldn’t have any problems in the future there are a few that are supposed to have an extra toe, although Easter eggers are not one of them.

Looks like a faverolle to me! They are supposed to have an extra toe and half feathered feet like yours does! I have one! But she doesn’t have muffs (like yours does and) like the breed is supposed to!😂 So I think you have a salmon faverolle!😁

This is a google image of a salmon faverolle chick! Looks just like yours!😁View attachment 2787170
Yeah, she does! Mine had a little brown streak on her back when I got her. It’s getting replaced with feathers now. I’m certainly not mad about it. I was going for breeds I haven’t had before this year. Salmon faverolle is a new one to me! Hopefully she’s a good layer.
Thanks!

It won't hurt her. Though it's not likely an easter egger.

Yeah, she does! Mine had a little brown streak on her back when I got her. It’s getting replaced with feathers now. I’m certainly not mad about it. I was going for breeds I haven’t had before this year. Salmon faverolle is a new one to me! Hopefully she’s a good layer.
Thanks!
Your welcome!🥰 They are definitely a fun one to have with lots of personality!😁 Here’s a picture of ours! Her name is Plucky! I think she’s pretty even though she doesn’t have muffs!😉
6FD939DE-9588-4C22-9239-4058BBE57A2A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom