Are these Light Brahma???

Quote:
I agree. They look like many hatchery light Brahmas. I have one hen, whom we jokingly call the Lark Brahma. Here is what she looks like.
23433_pepperica.jpg

I suppose they could also be poor quality darks, but my darks (hatchery) still had penciling from the go, you can see them as well as my Buff Brahmas in the background of the picture.

Last edited:
Thanks all! I will call them Larks. They are for laying, not showing, so it's ok. Now I just hope for 3 pullets. One was lighter at hatch, so I'm hoping that will be the roo and the other 2 can be girls.
fl.gif

Again, thank you all for the replies.
bow.gif

Laurie

Quote:
This is an old post, but I am hoping you can give us an update on how your "Light Brahma" chick feathered out. I am mulling ove a light brahma (is this a light brahma?) that I got from MPC that looks like your chicks:
48358_tutu2.jpg

Last edited:
39089_lightbrahmas.jpg
39089_2010_0512_214928aa.jpg

I think they're a trio. I need space so am tempted to put them on Craig's list... but afraid to call them light brahma.

Last edited:
I would guess there is indeed some dark brahma heritage involved as well.

In my experience, good quality light brahma chicks should be yellow, with very dark grey shading over the back. This is the slate grey undercolor required of a good light brahma.

Quote:
Thanks so much for uploading the updates! I'm sure now I have a light brahma like yours. And, actally, I think yours are gorgeous! If you post a picture on Craigs list, I'll bet they'll go!

LIBS1.gif
picture 1 are called light brahma are these really them bc i love the green in the feathering
images
picture 2 or is this how the breed are supposed to look and the others are mutts please help. I have some concerns befor i go ordering

GO to Murray McMurray hatchery you will see the light Brahmas are a smokey gray and black chick with the underbelly white. I have ordered many and love them they are awesome birds quiet and love people . good luck

yes those are true Light Brahmas black neck and tail only with foot feathers mixed mostly white with some blck feathers in them also .

The ones I got from cacklehatchery.com are not true as I got 2 with straight combs and thats a crossbreed somewhere in them :((((( not a happy cvamper here as they were sold as Light brahmas true breed the chicks were white only.

Back
Top Bottom