Are these old enough to tell sex?

Upinsmoke

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 16, 2014
My first time owning chickens these are around 4-5 weeks old

3 wouldn't cooperate

Thanks

2 and 3 seem to be pullets, 4 I am almost positive it is a rooster, and 1 may also be a rooster. Although I could be wrong (I'm pretty new to chickens.)

Last edited:
Thanks for looking I'm liking donraes reply the best so far! I guess another week or to will make a works,of difference. Thanks for looking

I have some the same age as yours and same looking breed and some have red combs already and little red wattles and some are still flesh colored. The red ones are much bigger I will take some pics and post them for you to campare. But I see pullets compared to my birds.

Right on!!! Post em up realtreegirl! I'm interesting in seeing more chicks like mine they were at a feed store and sold to me as Rhode Island Reds and Black Sex Linked. We bough 5 rir and 3 sex linked. 1 sex linked died so replaced it with 2 amaracans and a silver lace Wyandotte but they are a couple weeks younger so didn't even post pics of them. My kids took the pics so really can't tell the difference between the brown rirs from the pics and just posted some of the better looking pics

Last edited:
These were hatched on March 12th and these are my best guesses...I am almost 100% sure I am correct but if I am wrong someone please correct me.

Cockerel

cockeral

Pullet

Pullet

cockeral

Here is the pullet next to the cockeral you can see she is orangish and comb is small comapred to him.

These were hatched on March 16th They are barred rock/austrolop mix Sp?

Cockeral

Pullet

Cockeral

Pullet

Cockeral...I little blurry but I tried to get close to show red of comb and wattles

Back
Top Bottom