Are these Orphingtons?

Yes, but can Australorps have orange eyes? All of mine have had black/brown
They can have lighter eyes, it's not uncommon.
The standard requires them to have dark brown eyes, but pet quality/hatchery Australorp don't always have dark eyes.

I used to raise them.

Yes, but can Australorps have orange eyes? All of mine have had black/brown
That's what I was thinking too that the size and eye color is wrong. They definitely fit orphington but I don't know if there is even splash in orphingtons or whatever a bird with mostly white and random black plumage would be called. I know Marans can look like that in white though. But I would think the black on would have copper on her neck if she was Maran the feet are light on the underside of both birds

That's what I was thinking too that the size and eye color is wrong. They definitely fit orphington but I don't know if there is even splash in orphingtons or whatever a bird with mostly white and random black plumage would be called. I know Marans can look like that in white though. But I would think the black on would have copper on her neck if she was Maran the feet are light on the underside of both birds
Yeah

They look like my Orpingtons. I have a white Orpy rooster and a poulet that have just the odd feather that is black, just like that. Also, my all white Orpington hen has paler eyes and legs. Interesting!
What color eyes do yours have? My black English Orphington male has brown/dark eyes but not as dark as some of my other birds that look glassy and black. These two hens have reddish/orangish eyes. Legs are black (but not as dark as my English roo) and bottoms of their feet are light, their beaks are black with a lighter tip. They both have feather skirts, but not as big as the English roo.

The white one is an AustraWhite.

The black is an Australorp.
I looked up the Austrwhite and I don't think that is what she is. She is way too big for one, but the comb and wattles are wrong and the leg color and the wings and body type and carriage. I have some birds her that may indeed be Austrwhites but this one in particular I am not so sure about.

Back
Top Bottom