Are these pekin female?

Crazy Maizie

Free Ranging
Jul 3, 2020
Ad says 6 month old pekin females. I haven't heard them yet, but it's a drive and I want to make sure its worth it to go pick them up. Not my pic and at the moment I don't have other photos.

Thanks!

00w0w_apuqB836jEcz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

They look like females to me. Am I missing their drake feather curl? All I can see is the tail sticking up.

If you are still interested, see if the seller will send you a video to confirm.
I guess I was thinking the disheveled tail feathers looked a little male. But, I only have muscovy, so not sure of the variances of the duck curl.

The one on the right looks a lot like a curl to me. If they send you a video I think that would better to be sure
Yeah, I was thinking about asking to be sure. It was hard enough nailing down a time to meet. But, then I thought I didn't want to drive an hour to find out they are male (or even if 1 is as they don't want to separate).

I guess I was thinking the disheveled tail feathers looked a little male. But, I only have muscovy, so not sure of the variances of the duck curl.
I know there are some rare occurrences where they don't get their tail curl.

I rehomed my male Pekins before they got their tail curl, so I don't have a pic of them. Here is my female, she walks with her tail sticking straight up. Reminds me so much of Donald and Daisy duck. I will say that tail has gotten her in trouble. I use to have a male Muscovy, and he did not like it.

DSC_0469.JPG

I know there are some rare occurrences where they don't get their tail curl.

I rehomed my male Pekins before they got their tail curl, so I don't have a pic of them. Here is my female, she walks with her tail sticking straight up. Reminds me so much of Donald and Daisy duck. I will say that tail has gotten her in trouble. I use to have a male Muscovy, and he did not like it.

View attachment 2755127
Why didn't he like it? Or I should say what did he do to it?

Back
Top Bottom