Are these pekin female?

Crazy Maizie

Free Ranging
Jul 3, 2020
Ad says 6 month old pekin females. I haven't heard them yet, but it's a drive and I want to make sure its worth it to go pick them up. Not my pic and at the moment I don't have other photos.

Thanks!

00w0w_apuqB836jEcz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

The one on the right looks a lot like a curl to me. If they send you a video I think that would better to be sure
Yeah, I was thinking about asking to be sure. It was hard enough nailing down a time to meet. But, then I thought I didn't want to drive an hour to find out they are male (or even if 1 is as they don't want to separate).

I guess I was thinking the disheveled tail feathers looked a little male. But, I only have muscovy, so not sure of the variances of the duck curl.
I know there are some rare occurrences where they don't get their tail curl.

I rehomed my male Pekins before they got their tail curl, so I don't have a pic of them. Here is my female, she walks with her tail sticking straight up. Reminds me so much of Donald and Daisy duck. I will say that tail has gotten her in trouble. I use to have a male Muscovy, and he did not like it.

DSC_0469.JPG

Why didn't he like it? Or I should say what did he do to it?
He had a tendency to bully her. In a lot of animals a tail up is a sign of dominance. My male Muscovy saw it that way and would pull on her wing feathers. You might be able to see her damaged wing feathers in that photo. She started to drop her tail near him and pop it back up as she walked away. Sometimes she would forget, because she mostly lives in her own world.

My other pekin female I had, died of bumblefoot, but she was a grumpy old lady and put all the ducks, including Muscovy in their place. Even when gimpy no one messed with her.

They look like females to me. Am I missing their drake feather curl? All I can see is the tail sticking up.

If you are still interested, see if the seller will send you a video to confirm.
I guess I was thinking the disheveled tail feathers looked a little male. But, I only have muscovy, so not sure of the variances of the duck curl.

Back
Top Bottom