Are these pullets?

Tootsie

Crowing
15 Years
Oct 13, 2008
Northern NJ
Hi these birds were sold to me as pullets and are approximately 19 weeks old but could be as young as 15 weeks. Any and all thoughts would be appreciated.
IMG ALT=""]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/5407932/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

My friend who also has chickens said the the reason he thought they were all pullets is since he sees no pointy saddle feathers.

I got 28 or them but these were the ones I thought were questionable as pullets.

The man swore they were all females and said they were 16 weeks which was almost a month ago (10/22/12) but I found out he had placed orders from Cackle Hatchery on birds that were hatched 4/25 & 7/23 so they would now be almost 4 & 7 months since I got them on 10/22/12 which is almost a month ago.

My friend who also has chickens said the the reason he thought they were all pullets is since he sees no pointy saddle feathers.
I got 28 or them but these were the ones I thought were questionable as pullets.
The man swore they were all females and said they were 16 weeks which was almost a month ago (10/22/12) but I found out he had placed orders from Cackle Hatchery on birds that were hatched 4/25 & 7/23 so they would now be almost 4 & 7 months since I got them on 10/22/12 which is almost a month ago.
they should be crowing and showing some serious saddle feathers by now if they're 4 and 7 months old...especially the 7month old ones...

That is what I was thinking. I sure hope they are all girls. The two colored like red sex link males don't seem to have any hackle or saddle feathers either. Please let them all be girls!!!

The ones with red patches on their wing shoulders are absolutely male. Saddle and hackle feathers can be delayed in development for up to a year sometimes, and crowing usually doesn't happen in groups of males until late as well. They have to figure out who's dominant first.

They were living with females but I pulled the 20 I felt were females and have them separate just until I figure it out. Here are more pictures taken almost 3 weeks ago of them with some of the girls. Does this help? Thanks for any input.

Back
Top Bottom