Are these red briolers?

Missinasworld

Songster
10 Years
Mar 24, 2012
Hi everyone, i wanted to try some broiler chicks and was sold 6 "red broilers" at tractor supply. But to be honest these are pretty small and I thought the larger light red chicks in the same tub were the broilers. Can anyone help confirm these are or are not red broilers? Thanks in advance! FB_IMG_1660330702645.jpg

Hi everyone, i wanted to try some broiler chicks and was sold 6 "red broilers" at tractor supply. But to be honest these are pretty small and I thought the larger light red chicks in the same tub were the broilers. Can anyone help confirm these are or are not red broilers? Thanks in advance!View attachment 3220730
Looks like some of Moonshiner’s brown leghorns to me.

I did a little searching and Cackle sells red broilers. I saw some young pics but not quite young as yours. I do believe they could be right. As a matter of fact, I think I have one as well. Red with a little black on the tail. One like this was mixed into my Cinnamon Queens.

They look more like Welsummer or Light Brown Leghorn chicks. Conformation is nothing like that of a meat bird chick. Googled TSC red broiler chicks and they appear to be reddish in color.
I was thinking the same thing about them looking like welsummers. They did have leghorn chicks there in 1 of the tubs but I can't recall if they were mixed in with these. The other chicks in the tub were white or light dusty red and a LOT bigger. Ug. And I was kind of talking to someone and had my puppy with me so I was horrible and didnt realize which chicks he grabbed until I was in my car.

Missina

So I called the store up and talked to the guy that grabbed them for me and he told me the breed I'd card said red broilers but he honestly wasn't sure. He said it's against policy to return them but he would this one time. But now I am curious...so I'm going to grow them out and see what they grow into!

So I called the store up and talked to the guy that grabbed them for me and he told me the breed I'd card said red broilers but he honestly wasn't sure. He said it's against policy to return them but he would this one time. But now I am curious...so I'm going to grow them out and see what they grow into!
Good deal. We live and learn. Best case, you love them! Worst case, eat em or sell em.

Back
Top Bottom