are these RIR pullets???Please help (PICS)

Quote:
oh I bet that is what they are, they look really simillar to mine in both stages!!

I really hope they aren't roos. I live in the city and am not allowed to have roos
sad.png

thanks johnny! you have tons of them! looks fun. I am confused again now...I guess it really doesn't matter that much, and maybe I will be able to tell better later on.

do you think they are roos?!?!

Last edited:
wow, I never knew there were so many breeds that looked so similar, craziness!
smile.png

do you think pullets or roos? I have some more pics that I could put up if that would help?

If they are 7 weeks old, they are roosters, IMO. Red sexlinks usually have alot of white on their bodies, too, not uniform color, so I dont think they are. IF they were sexlinks, they'd be pullets, but you rarely see a big red comb and wattles on a 7 week old pullet.

I would say with those combs & wattles at 7 weeks you have roo's! I really don't know which breed though. My guess was going to be a buff orpington, but the legs don't match buff orpingtons.

the pics of the chicks look like my rirs and at 7 weeks the roos had much larger combs and thicker legs than yours but definately are dark red. Im no expert
though.
about 9 weeks or so
5945_pict1037.jpg

Back
Top Bottom