are these RIR pullets???Please help (PICS)

Okay, so I decided to go back and double check on my week counting skills, and found that I was way off. The two chicks in question will be 10 weeks tomorrow!! Does that make a difference as to what gender you think they are? I am hoping the answer is yes, but if no tell me too.

I am sorry to have misinformed you!!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
I'm so jealous you have Buckeyes! I want some in the worst way. I think it's because I'm from Ohio.

Anyway, I don't think they are RIR's either. I was going to say Buff's till everyone said no. Two of my BO's are that color.

I just hatched 4 from eggs that I got on ebay. They are the funniest of the little chicks so far. Tons of personality. They are a pretty buff color.

Those look like pullets to me. I have some RIR's that are 6 weeks old and the roos have bigger combs than yours. I may be comparing apples to oranges though since yours are definitely not RIR. I still think they are pullets.

Quote:
I'm so jealous you have Buckeyes! I want some in the worst way. I think it's because I'm from Ohio.

Anyway, I don't think they are RIR's either. I was going to say Buff's till everyone said no. Two of my BO's are that color.

I just hatched 4 from eggs that I got on ebay. They are the funniest of the little chicks so far. Tons of personality. They are a pretty buff color.

I'm really hoping to add a couple to my flock. I thought about ordering some chicks, but I don't want the packing peanuts they always send with them. I feel lucky to have been able to find homes for the two roos I did have. I don't want to push my luck, lol. Hopefully I'll find some older ones at some point.

They have to bee NHRs because I have 6 pullets that are 12 weeks old and they are identical. The combs on yours make me think that they are pullets because my hens have the same size combs as yours. Good luck and keep us updated on what you find out.

-Chickenman8

Back
Top Bottom