Are these roos before I sell them?

reveriereptile

Songster
11 Years
Mar 17, 2008
Northern NY
I have to downsize for the winter. I have a few that I'm positive are roos but want to be sure. Have a couple of friends that are going to see if they want them then if not then I will be listing them on here.

These are all 4 months old and standard sized.

Golden Penciled Hamburg?
rc.jpg

rc1.jpg

Silver Grey Dorking?
pho.jpg

pho1.jpg

Sultan?
sul.jpg

Salmon Faverolle?
salmon.jpg

sf.jpg

BB Modern Red Game?
ph.jpg

This next one was our mystery chick that everyone thinks is a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte. I have thought for the past couple of months it was a hen and my father-in-law has been hoping it is. The comb has not grown anymore, doesn't crow or fight, but I just got noticing that the feathers on the back near the tail look pointed. I know when he/she is running around my legs the tail feathers looked curled and am not sure if maybe the other feathers are also. After looking on feathersite though it looks like a roo.
og1.jpg

go.jpg

to me.. most look like roosters. the last one is iffy. And so id the dorking.

nice birds.

oh and the white one.. can't tell at all.

someone else may know about those 3.

All are roosters.

If ya'll look at the tail feathers of the bottom bird (Blue Laced Red Wyandotte) has already got sickle feathers coming in. Good looking birds!

If the Wyandotte turns out to be a rooster we will probably keep it. It is a nice sized bird. Are Wyandottes good setters? If it is a roo then we could probably breed it to some of our nonsetters.

Back
Top Bottom