Are these Roos or hens please help

Question ? Since I purchased them from auction should I vaccinate them or is there something I can do to make sure there healthy.

They sure all look like boys to me...

Vaccinations in chickens is a little controversial because some vaccines (like Mareks) can prevent symptoms without preventing the disease. That means a chicken can look healthy but still spread the infection, like a Typhoid Mary. (Most human vaccines in comparison produce a sterile immune response and don't leave any disease behind to spread.) But in your case the point is moot - the vast majority of vaccines need to happen in the first few days of life and the rest just aren't used that much. Either your birds are vaccinated already or they aren't and you can't change it now.

They sure all look like boys to me...

Vaccinations in chickens is a little controversial because some vaccines (like Mareks) can prevent symptoms without preventing the disease. That means a chicken can look healthy but still spread the infection, like a Typhoid Mary. (Most human vaccines in comparison produce a sterile immune response and don't leave any disease behind to spread.) But in your case the point is moot - the vast majority of vaccines need to happen in the first few days of life and the rest just aren't used that much. Either your birds are vaccinated already or they aren't and you can't change it now.
Thank you for the info- appreciate it! 😃

Back
Top Bottom