1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Are these SFH or?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Sunny Flowers, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Sunny Flowers

Sunny Flowers Out Of The Brooder

Jul 28, 2014
    I'm new to chickens and could use lot's of help. I bought these 5 chicks from a breeder. They are now 8 wks, 5 wks, and 3 weeks old. Two of them are growing much faster than the 15 SFH I have raised and they are far more boisterous. I am confident the gray baby is SFH. I would love to get second opinions about all of them from the folks who know. Thank you for any help you can offer me.

8 week old.

[​IMG]
    5 week old.
    [​IMG]
    5 week old's face, 3 week old's tiny crest.
    [​IMG]
    3 week old.
    [​IMG]
    This is Sunny, 3 weeks! I love this chick.
    [​IMG]
    The little family - 5 wk, and two 3 weeks.
    [​IMG]

I bought these 5 chicks from a breeder. They are now 8 wks, 5 wks, and 3 weeks old. Two of them are growing much faster than the 15 SFH I have raised and they are far more boisterous. I am confident the gray baby is SFH. I would love to get second opinions about all of them from the folks who know. Thank you for any help you can offer me.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  2. alohachickens

alohachickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I don't know what they are, but they look kind of like what I'm breeding for. But I don't think they are my stock. However, I have shipped some chicks and eggs out, so hard to say. Where are you located? I can probably tell you based on that.

3. Sunny Flowers

Sunny Flowers Out Of The Brooder

Jul 28, 2014
    Do they look like SFH to you? I'm in N. California and drove to central to get these chicks.

4. alohachickens

alohachickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Look Swedish to me. I sent some to San Diego area so probably not from my strain. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by