Are these three pullets?

First I was gonna say pullet. But it’s only 12 weeks. And with closer inspection I believe I see male saddles.

B9492CDA-FF15-4E51-A018-A616CDC34887.jpeg

Too grainy for me to see. I was going off of the dark wash on the legs and the smaller comb.

OP, since this bird is only 12 weeks, could you post updated pics in 2 more weeks?
Sure. And here’s what “she” looked like at 6 weeks.... the comb is much more red than our other barred rock that was the same age

Attachments

• 367D8700-B2C1-496B-BF0B-66795313C688.jpeg
    367D8700-B2C1-496B-BF0B-66795313C688.jpeg
    337.1 KB · Views: 4
Too grainy for me to see. I was going off of the dark wash on the legs and the smaller comb.

OP, since this bird is only 12 weeks, could you post updated pics in 2 more weeks?
My apologies... hubs just told me barred rock will be 15 weeks tomorrow. Does that mean pullet?

My apologies... hubs just told me barred rock will be 15 weeks tomorrow. Does that mean pullet?
15 weeks seems more likely lol.

I can see the feathers Emma pointed out, but I can't see them well enough to know if they are saddles or split feathers.

That 6 week old pic looks like a cockerel. I still think the recent pic looks like a pullet. By 15 weeks I'd expect more obvious saddles and a larger comb for a cockerel. However, some just develop slowly. I still think updated pics in 2 or 3 weeks would be helpful.

15 weeks seems more likely lol.

I can see the feathers Emma pointed out, but I can't see them well enough to know if they are saddles or split feathers.

That 6 week old pic looks like a cockerel. I still think the recent pic looks like a pullet. By 15 weeks I'd expect more obvious saddles and a larger comb for a cockerel. However, some just develop slowly. I still think updated pics in 2 or 3 weeks would be helpful.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom