What type of Wyandottes are these?

free range by day

Songster
5 Years
Jan 2, 2019
I have three Wyandotte pullets that I purchased but they were just labeled Wyandottes. Can you tell the specific color laced pattern they will be. The photo of the two are same pattern , the single one in photo is a tad different

Attachments

• CB07D7D0-824A-48EA-AF18-A6C76B66831F.jpeg
    CB07D7D0-824A-48EA-AF18-A6C76B66831F.jpeg
    283.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 1DB1E9E8-3905-49F4-950B-E4C824CD93F9.jpeg
    1DB1E9E8-3905-49F4-950B-E4C824CD93F9.jpeg
    266.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 9F2216E0-1BAA-4C38-9B7C-AB1C68E51CA4.jpeg
    9F2216E0-1BAA-4C38-9B7C-AB1C68E51CA4.jpeg
    341.1 KB · Views: 25
My gold wyandottes definitely looked similar as chicks.

I just spent some time looking at some comparison chick photos and it looks like lots of light grays for the blue lace reds, and pretty auburn-ish heads the redder they are. So possibly blue laced red on those ones with grayish wings, but they do look very much like my gold ones looked.

Side note: I always love the grumpy looking faces with their patterning as chicks lol.

Last edited:
So I just went all the way back in my photos of when I first got my gold Wyandotte chicks, unfortunately the only photo that shows their coloring well that young has my young kid in it which I won’t post, BUT I will say my gold babies did actually have gray on their chest and wing area! So could all be gold.

I hope you update when they grow a little more, I’m so curious to see what they end up being now!

My gold wyandottes definitely looked similar as chicks.

I just spent some time looking at some comparison chick photos and it looks like lots of light grays for the blue lace reds, and pretty auburn-ish heads the redder they are. So possibly blue laced red on those ones with grayish wings, but they do look very much like my gold ones looked.

Side note: I always love the grumpy looking faces with their patterning as chicks lol.
Those would be pretty! And yes, lol there patterns do make them look grumpy sometimes😂

So I just went all the way back in my photos of when I first got my gold Wyandotte chicks, unfortunately the only photo that shows their coloring well that young has my young kid in it which I won’t post, BUT I will say my gold babies did actually have gray on their chest and wing area! So could all be gold.

I hope you update when they grow a little more, I’m so curious to see what they end up being now!
I love the gold laced ones! I can’t wait to find out what they will be. I’m not sure why TSC just had them labeled as Wyandottes . I will try to remember to post when they are older and colors come out!

Back
Top Bottom