Are these two chickens the same breed?

I have an EE that lays light pink but I know it's not common. My other EE lays green and sometimes blue

Attachments

• IMG_20200731_201332_310.jpg
    IMG_20200731_201332_310.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20200707_104534_040.jpg
    IMG_20200707_104534_040.jpg
    341.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 20200810_095245.jpg
    20200810_095245.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 4

Oh yea duh my Australorp lays white. My silkies eggs are almost pink but not really. Here's what im getting and I just added some marans to the group
To get a color between your marans and the Andalusian the BR or RIR would hit in there, medium brown not necessarily pink though. I think my RIR lays an atypical egg, they are pretty light with white speckles. The Black Australorps lay a super pale pinkish cream color, not a true white, there's just a tingle of color to them. The camera really cane pick it up at all. But especially when I am peeling hardboiled eggs its easy to see.

To get a color between your marans and the Andalusian the BR or RIR would hit in there, medium brown not necessarily pink though. I think my RIR lays an atypical egg, they are pretty light with white speckles. The Black Australorps lay a super pale pinkish cream color, not a true white, there's just a tingle of color to them. The camera really cane pick it up at all. But especially when I am peeling hardboiled eggs its easy to see.
Really? My Australorp lays medium-brown speckled eggs.

Really? My Australorp lays medium-brown speckled eggs.
Yeah, I've noticed nobody is quite laying the color egg that should be when I Google egg colors. The only ones that are right are the GCs and BR's minus the one that puts a ton of bloom on the shell. The RIR and the BA's don't seem right. I figured since they are hatchery chickens they are crossed with something else to increase production and that messed up the egg color. Not sure though.

Back
Top Bottom