Are these two eggs any good?

petchickenlover

Songster
11 Years
Sep 9, 2008
My hens abandoned the last two eggs once 4 of the chicks hatched... so i made a home-made incubator and put them in there. I've been candling them and there's nothing obviously telling me that they're bad, but i wanted an expert opinion
tongue.png

Also if you can tell what day they appear to be on that would be wonderful
smile.png

I'm sorry they're blurry, i don't have a good camera at the moment
sad.png

Egg 1:
Egg1.jpg

egg11.jpg

Egg 2:
egg22.jpg

egg2.jpg

i would keep them in the incubator a little longer.
My chicks hatched 2 on the 4th then a chick on the 10th, and another on the 11th. so one of my chicks came on day 28!!!!
very spread out.

i would give it a few more days.

Quote:
Wow, day 28! I'm planning on keeping them until about the 1st [unless, of course, they start stinking
sickbyc.gif
] so that should give them enough time if they're going to hatch..

Quote:
I thought i could see veins as well. i'm pretty sure #1 is okay, it seems to be developing well.. but #2 i haven't seen too much change in so..

I candled again today and egg #1 looks to only be half full?? there's nothing on the pointy side of the egg...Is it all right or is it dead?
hmm.png

BigDaddy'sGurl :

Look up how to "float test" the eggs here on BYC...

Good luck!
big_smile.png

#1 was no good. I [had my dad] dissect it and it stunk& was very water-y
sickbyc.gif
#2 was moving around and looks good. i'll keep him in the 'bator for longer...​

Hi all!
I'm new to this and hatching eggs my batch of 4. 1 hatched a day early and the other 2 hatched the correct day but my fourth egg no hatch
sad.png
iv left number 4 in the incubator it is now 2 days late iv just canceled it and there's something in there but no movement and the air sac has taken up half the egg
Can someone please tell me what's happening coz I'm getting slightly worried.
Thanks all!
3 dogs, 2 ducks , 2 chickens 3 chicks
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom