Are these wild baby turkeys? Found by the road.

DogAndCat36

Crowing
Mar 12, 2020
Northern Maine
So my friend recently found some baby turkeys by the road. He looked all over but found no parent or a flock. He lives on the main road meaning that someone could have also dumped them. We have wild turkeys here, are they wild? If so they have to bring them to a wild life rehab.
Ps I told him to swap the shavings asap.
20210714_010346-1.jpg

So my friend recently found some baby turkeys by the road. He looked all over but found no parent or a flock. He lives on the main road meaning that someone could have also dumped them. We have wild turkeys here, are they wild? If so they have to bring them to a wild life rehab.
Ps I told him to swap the shavings asap.
View attachment 2758451
Whoever found them should have backed away and left them to observe from a distance. If they are wild poults, the mother would have stayed in hiding while the person was there.

It is highly unlikely that anyone would have dumped them because it would have been a death sentence to the poults.

People need to leave wild babies alone.

Whoever found them should have backed away and left them to observe from a distance. If they are wild poults, the mother would have stayed in hiding while the person was there.

It is highly unlikely that anyone would have dumped them because it would have been a death sentence to the poults.

People need to leave wild babies alone.
My friend did wait and watch.

I am not going against what you said but I do not live in the best area. People thrown out alot of cats here and a few dogs.

He is a kid and I'll make sure to scold him if they are wild.

Is there a way for us to identify if they are wild?

My friend did wait and watch.

I am not going against what you said but I do not live in the best area. People thrown out alot of cats here and a few dogs.

He is a kid and I'll make sure to scold him if they are wild.

Is there a way for us to identify if they are wild?
If they are wild, they will look like Bronze poults. I recommend contacting the local game warden or DNR agent.

Back
Top Bottom