Are these wyandottes?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by rebecca100, Mar 18, 2012.

1. rebecca100

rebecca100 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2008
    Arkansas
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sorry about the size of these pics. I don't know how to make them any smaller. :oops:
    Anyway I was given a dozen eggs by a friend whose sister has an npip certified farm/hatchery and they were supposed to be either golden laced or blue laced wyandottes. He couldnt remember for sure. However all the wyandotte chick pics I've seen the chick is striped. There are a couple browner chicks hatched that do have striped backs, but most of them are black/gray with light colored wings and a little brown on their faces. Could these still be wyandottes and if so what kind? I can't get very good pics. I can however answer any questions.

2. CowgirlJules

CowgirlJules Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Atwater, CA
    Their combs and feet look right for Wyandottes. I have laced birds, and those are striped, but I can't speak for the solid colors; those might not be chipmunky.

3. those are NOT wyandottes, at least silver laced, I dont know if they could be blue laced wyandottes but i would say no

sorry i cant say what breed they COULD be

4. armdchicken

armdchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2012
    Fairbanks, alaska
    Those do look like golden laced wyandottes to me

5. sawmane1

sawmane1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2011
    Mcminnville, Oregon
    if that is what you orderd, you probably 25% or less blue laced becuase blue doesn't breed true.

6. Hezz

Hezz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2012
    Poconos, Pennsylvania
    Could be Golden Laced Wyandottes. Here's some pics that look similar... I found these online.

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. rebecca100

rebecca100 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2008
    Arkansas
    Yay! Those look just like mine! Thank you! I searched online but didn't find anything.

8. Hezz

Hezz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2012
    Poconos, Pennsylvania
    You're very welcome! I ordered some chicks from Cackle Hatchery and they sent them out this morning. I am expecting 5 of the Golden Laced on Wednesday, along with 5 Australorps, and 5 Buff Orpingtons. I can't wait to get them! I have Silver Laced now, among MANY others, but the Golden's are so pretty I just had to have some of those too. LOL! We have 42 chickens of all different ages.

9. colby318

colby318 got 'dottes?

Jul 14, 2008
    Stamping Ground, KY

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by