Songster
14 Years
Apr 1, 2008
Arkansas
54321850.jpg

bf4cebd5.jpg

6da03898.jpg

aea395fb.jpg

Sorry about the size of these pics. I don't know how to make them any smaller. :oops:
Anyway I was given a dozen eggs by a friend whose sister has an npip certified farm/hatchery and they were supposed to be either golden laced or blue laced wyandottes. He couldnt remember for sure. However all the wyandotte chick pics I've seen the chick is striped. There are a couple browner chicks hatched that do have striped backs, but most of them are black/gray with light colored wings and a little brown on their faces. Could these still be wyandottes and if so what kind? I can't get very good pics. I can however answer any questions.

Their combs and feet look right for Wyandottes. I have laced birds, and those are striped, but I can't speak for the solid colors; those might not be chipmunky.

You're very welcome! I ordered some chicks from Cackle Hatchery and they sent them out this morning. I am expecting 5 of the Golden Laced on Wednesday, along with 5 Australorps, and 5 Buff Orpingtons. I can't wait to get them! I have Silver Laced now, among MANY others, but the Golden's are so pretty I just had to have some of those too. LOL! We have 42 chickens of all different ages.

Back
Top Bottom