Are they all bantams?

Flappy90

Hatching
Jun 2, 2020
We now have our 4 chicks at home. They are mixed breed but trying to workout what their main breed could be. I think they are all Cochins but not sure about the grey one, she has some speckled Sussex about her face. Black looks like a gold laced Cochin/pekin.

Attachments

• 1963CA78-750D-4F02-8B55-12430436E3B7.jpeg
    1963CA78-750D-4F02-8B55-12430436E3B7.jpeg
    491.9 KB · Views: 23
  • C8F9D6B8-6B9D-491B-B242-5455232028D9.jpeg
    C8F9D6B8-6B9D-491B-B242-5455232028D9.jpeg
    402.9 KB · Views: 22
  • FB8CBA6A-A5B6-4D8A-B5AF-4C8C84E322E7.jpeg
    FB8CBA6A-A5B6-4D8A-B5AF-4C8C84E322E7.jpeg
    492.1 KB · Views: 22
I don't know, but they are absolutely beautiful. Especially the black and gold one. And I love their little hairdos. The orange/gold ones could be buff orpington crosses?

What breeds did the egg seller have? Do the chicks have feathered legs? The one with the crest could be a Silkie or Brit Araucana mix. The black one isn’t a pure Pekin as her comb would be yellow or pink, not black, and she isn’t GL as her feathers aren’t laced. I’d guess they all have a bantam Cochin/Pekin for one parent.

What breeds did the egg seller have? Do the chicks have feathered legs? The one with the crest could be a Silkie or Brit Araucana mix. The black one isn’t a pure Pekin as her comb would be yellow or pink, not black, and she isn’t GL as her feathers aren’t laced. I’d guess they all have a bantam Cochin/Pekin for one parent.
We aren’t sure. They were just from a farm who has free range chickens on site. So a mixture, was trying to work out what the could be. The black I thought maybe a Wyandotte? As she’s much more slim than the others. I have no idea on the blue/grey and she’s a bit bigger than the others.

The one with the crest has much shorter tail feathers than the others and shorter wings so could be Arucana mix!

We aren’t sure. They were just from a farm who has free range chickens on site. So a mixture, was trying to work out what the could be. The black I thought maybe a Wyandotte? As she’s much more slim than the others. I have no idea on the blue/grey and she’s a bit bigger than the others.

She could be part Wyandotte, not pure. They all have a good chance of being part Cochin bantam though. So you’ll have a nice mix of fluffy light brown layers :)

Back
Top Bottom