Are they all roosters?!

I’m curious how Cluckingsworth looks now?

Cluckingsworth and her flockmate Not Cluckingsworth ended up being massive, up there in size with my jerseys and brahmas, a lot bigger than the other leghorns.

They were all pullets, and I lucked out on the dumbest, sweetest rooster from a friend with too many.

IMG_20230209_110958882~2.jpg

Not Cluckingsworth:

IMG_20230209_104002438~2.jpg

I'm having a super hard time determining what a male saddle feather looks like. Can someone maybe explain this like I'm five? Or is 8 weeks too young to tell?

Two chickens:

Cluckingsworth:
View attachment 3192107View attachment 3192108View attachment 3192109

Brown chicken (they're not all named)View attachment 3192110View attachment 3192111View attachment 3192113
pullets have combs too but there always light in colour and very short, look for a dark red and a longer comb

Cluckingsworth and her flockmate Not Cluckingsworth ended up being massive, up there in size with my jerseys and brahmas, a lot bigger than the other leghorns.

They were all pullets, and I lucked out on the dumbest, sweetest rooster from a friend with too many.

View attachment 3400168

Not Cluckingsworth:

View attachment 3400158
Interesting. I believe it’s possible (depending on egg color) that they could be lakeshore eggers or Dixie rainbows.

Interesting. I believe it’s possible (depending on egg color) that they could be lakeshore eggers or Dixie rainbows.
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised. They were advertised as "partridge leghorns" and came with all those chubby brown hens, but TSC also sold me three Cayuga ducklings as swedish blues, so it's kind of a toss of the dice as to what breeds you really get. I don't know exactly what colour shells they lay, either a rich brown, speckled brown, or cream, as that's the eggs I get (and a single, tiny powder blue one from my bantam EE)

Back
Top Bottom