are they ever quiet

jami63

In the Brooder
Oct 7, 2016
They say as babies if they are quiet they are warm enough and fed well.Are adult guinea fowl ever be quiet?.Mine talk from the time they come off the roost until they go to bed.Is this normal or are they lacking something?I enjoy them very much but I always worry maybe I am doing something wrong.The come when called and seem healthy.

Guinea fowl are extremely vocal, and you haven't seen anything yet. Wait until they start mating and egg laying.

They say as babies if they are quiet they are warm enough and fed well.Are adult guinea fowl ever be quiet?.Mine talk from the time they come off the roost until they go to bed.Is this normal or are they lacking something?I enjoy them very much but I always worry maybe I am doing something wrong.The come when called and seem healthy.

I have to agree with @sourland .

The only time that my guineas are silent is when they are asleep. The rest of the time there is a constant quiet melodic chatter. They never seem to shut up. Then there are the alarm and mating calls and don't forget the egg song.

Fell in love with these little monsters and want the best for them.Thanks for the input all of you.

Back
Top Bottom