Are they mad or ...???

TBlevins

Songster
Jun 2, 2021
Southwestern Pennsylvania
So, every day when I go out to scoop poop, I get “yelled at.” (They squawk incessantly!) Any idea why? Are they happy I’m freshening things up or angry that I am “stealing” their poop?

The hubby and I are convinced that they play “chicken games” and see who can make the highest pile of poop every night. Then, when I “steal” it, they get angry because all their hard work is for nothing and they have to restart their poop piles all over again! 🤦🏽‍♀️😂

Is it a specific call? Shocking as it may sound chickens clucks and squacks all have special meaning, and they all have names for each other. Because you go out there every day, they very likely have named you and are saying hello!
It just sounds like they’re yelling at me, lol! I do think they have named me, lol. (It sounds like The Three Stooges waa-waa-waa, lol!)

Here’s a link to this lovely noise ...

I noticed you have a leghorn there, those can be noisy. But your chickens look very healthy and I don't think you have anything to worry about.
(I hit “post” too soon! 🤦🏽‍♀️) Thank you! I do think they’re healthy (whether it’s from what we’re doing or beginner’s luck ... 🤷🏻‍♀️) But their vocal cords are obviously healthy, lol!!

Back
Top Bottom