Are they Silkies? Starting to wonder!

CK Chickadilly

Songster
11 Years
Sep 11, 2008
West Michigan
I got these guys at an auction & they were"Silkies"

Now looking at other Silkie pics, I am starting to wonder if they are or not? They are beauties but I need to know if they are Silkies that just haven't matured yet? They do have 5 toes & feathered legs, & a bit of poofy on the head.

I think they were hatched around 7/4 Please help!
Thanks!

15680_blksilkie.jpg

15680_silkieblwh.jpg

15680_silkiepartridge.jpg

15680_silkiewh.jpg

So what do you guys think? Silkies or not?

I don't know...they look too "feathered" to me but I do not own them. Maybe a cross? One of the silkie owners will come in and answer for sure.

They sure are beauties though.

Oops we were typing at the same time I guess. I thought right.

Last edited:
definitly silkie crosses of some sort. Not purebreds since they do not sport the silkie feathering.

I got a couple mutts running around like that too. Acctually my first flock of silkies I bought had 3 birds like that in pure white. The owner told me they crossed a white cochin bantam with a white silkie and kept breeding the normal feathered offspring back to the white silkie to get all the silkie traits, but keep the normal feathering(which they say they like a lot more in a free range flock).

Yours may be like 2/3 silkie or something.

Um, no. But you do have silkie crosses, which I think are some of the cutest crosses ever! I once seen a golden laced polish crossed with a silkie! It was beautiful!!!!!! I t had not been a rooster I would have bought him in a heartbeat!

Harley's girl :

Um, no. But you do have silkie crosses, which I think are some of the cutest crosses ever! I once seen a golden laced polish crossed with a silkie! It was beautiful!!!!!! I t had not been a rooster I would have bought him in a heartbeat!

i have one of those!!!!!!!
009.jpg

Back
Top Bottom